Tuesday, September 6, 2011

August?

Well once again I slacked on posting.....and now August is over.  Can't believe how fast the summer has gone, but it seems to be a recurring theme.....need time to slow down.  Yet it has been another amazing year of riding so far in 2011 (just went over 3,000 miles for the year).

August had it's highs and low's....mostly high's as we were riding.  For now just some highlights with more detailed posts to come later (I will blog!!!).

With the warm summer (August was the hottest on record) I started doing some early morning rides around Golden which has been really nice getting home around noon and putting in 4 to 5 hours on the bike with few people out and nice early morning sun....


Early morning sun on the way to Chimney Gulch....

Some of the locals on the way over to Apex


In other news I upgraded my rear triangle on the Yeti to the carbon one that is supposed to be on this bike.  A couple years ago I cracked the frame of my 2006 Yeti 575 and Yeti replaced the frame but not the rear triangle.  Yeti is a great company and gave me a crash replacement price to upgrade to the new triangle.


We also took our anual trip to Crested Butte which was wonderful until Sarah rolled an ankle while hiking and broke a bone in her foot.  Just a couple CB pictures will post again with a full report....






And we were lucky to have a stage of the USA Pro Challenge in Golden....this was so much fun and really cool we could just walk into town and see the event.




Will dedicate a full post to this.....on to September and actually updating my blog.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment