Monday, September 13, 2010

Crushed....The Copper Triangle

A crazy man named Kip decided to do the mountain bike version of the Copper Triangle, which is a popular road ride starting and ending at Copper Mountain.  The mountain version crushed me; truly one of the hardest rides I have ever done.  The ride was 60 miles with 9,000 feet of climbing, with multiple trips above 11,000 and a high point of 12,600; and it took me 12 hours...finished in the dark (had a light so wasn't a huge deal), but really wanted to be done at the end.  While I have done much longer rides mileage wise, this ride really packed a ton of vertical gain in a short distance.....crushed, still feeling it two days after the ride.





Gore Range....

Heading down through the back bowls of Vail on the Two Elks Trail...




On or way to Red Cliff....little bit of road on Highway 24.

Redcliff

Heading up to Kokomo....this is the climb where I started coming unglued; brutal with a lot of pushing at least for me.

A couple from the pass....more up even after this, not much but enough to mess with the mind when that tired.

No comments:

Post a Comment